Functional medicine is all about prevention and helping you regain and maintain good health. Functional medicine utilizes the best techniques, tools, and expertise of both Western and Eastern medicine and alternative medicine therapies. Dr. Sepideh Moayed at Preventative Medicine Inc. in San Jose, CA, provides a wide range of preventative and functional medicine services, to help you enjoy optimal health.
What You Need to Know about Functional Medicine
Functional medicine treats you and your body differently. Instead of seeing you as a collection of parts, functional medicine focuses on you as a whole organism, all interconnected. You are not a collection of symptoms.
When you schedule with a functional medicine doctor, you can be assured your doctor will:
Treat you as a whole person, not just an illness, disease, or condition. You have a unique body, and individual needs, and live in an environment that is unique to you.
Consider your biochemical individuality and the role genetics and family history play in your overall health.
Consider your environment, to determine if there are factors in your surroundings that can affect your health.
During your functional medicine appointment, your doctor will:
- Perform a comprehensive physical examination, which may include laboratory testing and imaging studies
- Record your medical history and examination
- Develop a unique treatment plan to help you regain and enjoy optimal health
Your functional medicine doctor might recommend:
- Body composition analysis
- Infusions to boost vitamins, nutrients, and energy levels
- Anti-aging medicine to help you live your best life
- Nutritional counseling, including meal plans
- Pain management techniques to make you more comfortable
- Regenerative medicine helps your body heal itself naturally
Call Your Functional Medicine Doctor Today
To find out more about functional medicine and how it can help you enjoy optimal health, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Sepideh Moayed at Preventative Medicine Inc. in San Jose, CA. You can reach her in the office by calling (408) 992-5141, so call today.